Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two-fer Tuesday: David Bowie

Don't ask why, but this first David Bowie video delights me in the most bizarre way.




Back in the late 80s I had the opportunity to see Bowie in concert during his Glass Spider tour. Okay, it was August of '87 to be exact. Peter Frampton was touring with the band and that was quite the bonus for this fan girl. The concert was a spectacle on many levels. Opening for Bowie was Siouxsie and the Banshees. I want to say there was another band but the details elude me. I remember I went with Roland Jones, though. And I also remember the song that stood out for me during the show was "Heroes". It gave me chills. Still does.




With the range of David Bowie's music, there's so much to explore. It would be easy to shout out "Space Oddity" as a favorite (and it is), but I encourage you to dig deeper to find the overlooked gems, like "Time" and "Letter to Hermione" and at least a hundred other tunes I can't think of at the moment.





No comments: