Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Two-fer Tuesday: Country Tokers

A friend and I were having a discussion about how every kind of music (except, perhaps, opera and classical -- though I could be wrong) somehow find a way to reference alcohol and drugs. She said country music doesn't talk about people getting stoned. I had to shake my head. Ahh, youth. And thus it came to be that I had to prove her wrong.

Now, I don't have to go back all that far for my first reference. We'll start with an old favorite, Charlie Daniels. (I could have gone Willie Nelson, but where's the challenge in that?)




So I got the nod on that. "But where's a current song?" she asked. I had to think for a moment, and then it came to me. Eric Church.



Obviously not an exhaustive amount of research was put into this. I just figured two good tunes deserved a run through the ol' Two-fer blender.

No comments: